Saturday, December 29, 2012

All About Animals

Hi All! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
As a newbie teacher, I find myself learning just as much as my students.  
With that being said, we started our new unit in Science: All About Animals.  
As most of you know, I loooovvvvvveeee animals! :)  Therefore, I was SUPER excited to teach this to my firsties.

The kiddies literally jumped up and down when I introduced the lesson.  As a class, we discussed differences between living and nonliving things, various types of animals, characteristics of a mammal, and how to classify animals.  After our discussion, they would complete their independent assignment.

After answering the questions, they dipped right into coloring the cute pictures and boy were they eager to share their drawings!

We worked on, "All About Animals" for about a week and half.  It was a really exciting week especially talking about all the different types of animals in our world.  

If you would like to try this in your own classroom, you can download this mini-unit right now.

Thank you so much for your support and have a Happy New Year!
Love, Miss Gregorio 

No comments:

Post a Comment