Saturday, December 29, 2012

Heart Maps

HEART MAPS  .... With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I thought what better topic to discuss......They often say, "The Best Writing Comes From the Heart" .... well I believe that is SO true!  We spent a good week creating our Heart Maps and writing from our hearts.  I displayed people, places, items, and memories that were near and dear to my heart.  Boy were my students super excited to learn about me!  :)

Writers Block~ We talked about how writing from the heart helps us when we get stuck.  All we have to do is think about special people and things and we can write just about anything!



I was super duper proud of my kiddies.  Their writing was AMAZING! They wrote about their family, pets, blankies, and even ME!!!!!  I got e-mails from parents stating their child's heart map writing brought tears to their eyes.  How special is that!  Jeaz, I love them!!! :)  If you would like your class to participate in their own heart map writing then look no further....




Thanks and Happy Writing!
Love, Miss Gregorio

No comments:

Post a Comment