Monday, February 18, 2013

We were "Googley" over the 100th Day!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  I went to visit my father in Virginia. Brrr, was it cold, but we had an awesome time hiking up to Lower Oak Falls.   Here is a sneak peak of my fiance and I at the falls.

We came home yesterday, just in time for the 100th Day of School.  We got a super cute idea off of Pinterest and created 100 Day Googley Monsters.  We counted eyes in groups of ten and then began to create our monsters.  Here's the finished product!
 The children and parents loved, loved, loved them!  They were so much fun!  Here's a little tip.  We used a piece of cardboard in between the shirts.  We also used fabric glue.  It did get messy!



We  read the super cute story, "Happy 100th Day!" by Susan Milord. 




We wrote about what we would look like when we were 100 years old and also found 100 words to write in the classroom.


What a great day! I can't wait to continue teaching the kiddies about President's Day this week.  They are super interested about the life and times of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.  I created a President's Day Unit that covers all of that!  I even included two fact and opinion center games for them to play!  {Oh yeah, and it's on SALE} Yay!!





Have a good *fast* week!

~Teresa

3 comments:

  1. I love the Googley monsters! That is just too cute! I also like your writing prompt for if the students were 100 years old. Thanks for sharing!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some really cute stuff. We are your newest followers. Love the t-shirt. What a cute idea.

    Kristy and Misty
    Teachingtimes2

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the t-shirt monsters!! Absolutely adorably and very creative! I'm your newest follower... Can't wait to read more!

    Brittany
    http://thesuperheroteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete