Friday, February 1, 2013

Winter's Here



The weather outside is  cold. LOL... and the kiddies are getting quite anxious.  Unfortunately, with weather conditions like this, we can go outside.  Therefore, they are a teeny bit stir crazy.  SOOOO I have been trying to get them excited about Seasonal Activities.  

I read them the book, "Love, Splat" by Rob Scotton... 

Oh my, too cute!  It's about a little black cat named Splat.  He has a crush on Kitten, but is too scared to give her his Valentine.  Of course their favorite part was when Kitten, "poked his belly and called him smelly."  Gotta love it! 


We practiced retelling, summarizing, identifying problems and solutions, and of course created our own Splat cats that I will be posting soon. 


 If you would like to see the unit, please click (here)


Did I ever tell you that I have  *The Best* class parents?  Every Friday, we do something called, "Fun Friday"............I have a parent volunteer who comes in for about an hour.  He or She reads a story to the class and then completes some sort of an activity.  

We had a parent come in and read, "Sneezy The Snowman" and they made **Almost** life size snowmen..... hehehe

Materials:
Poster board cut into 3 pieces
Three doilies in various sizes
Construction Paper
Glue


*Super Easy And Super Cute*

Thanks For Stopping By,
Teresa




2 comments:

  1. Gosh I love those snowmen! My kids would love creating them!

    MrsMc from Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They absolutely loved it! It was sooo much fun and minimal cutting! :)

    ReplyDelete