Monday, February 11, 2013

We're Going On a Hike

Happy Monday All,

What some of you do not know about me is that my father lives in Virginia.  It is absolutely beautiful.  I am SUPER excited because my fiance and I will be visiting my dad this Friday.  Everytime we go, he takes us to Skyline Drive and we hike the trails and come across the waterfalls....and I looovvee waterfalls.  I was SO excited, and Virginia got the best of me.  I was inspired to create some centers that made me think of my pops.  Well, I came up with the unit, "We're Going On a Hike."

In this unit, I made sure to include both Math and Literacy Centers that you can use with different levels in your classroom.

Math focuses on: Comparing Numbers, Fact Families, Subtracting, Sequencing, and Counting.

Literacy focuses on: Matching CVC/CVCE words, homophones, punctuations, ABC Order, and two writing prompts.


Check it out, let me know what you think.  Is there a specific center you are looking for? If so, leave a comment and I'll make it.


I am just so happy that my teaching inspiration hit so close to home.  Well, I am going to pack for this weekend.  Can't wait to give my dad the biggest hug and go for a hike! HEHE.....  :)


Teresa


1 comment:

  1. Oooooh, I love a blog that combines learning AND adventure! I am your newest follower.
    This hiking unit looks super cute. I'm headed to TpT to check it out.
    Looking forward to more adventures to come!
    Julie
    OpenWideTheWorld

    ReplyDelete